Welcome to the first MPB blog

Making faith more alive in your everyday lives. Blog under construction. Upcoming blogs include personal reflections on upcoming Gospel Readings, Videos, and slide shows. If you are interested in seeing more, please let me know. God is good...All the time!!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Reflection of Sunday Readings - October 17, 2010. 29th Sunday of Ordinary Time

Link to USCCB website for Readings

As humans we want things right here, right now. We want to answers quickly. We even want things in return for the things that we do. We want to be rewarded. This Sunday's reading tells about being persistence in our faith. Faith is about constant, steady, prayer. It's not a sprint it is a marathon. It is ok to go to God persistently as long as our hearts are pure.

I remember when I was a young adult and was so confused about where my life was and where it might be headed. Every time that I went to church, I would pray for the courage, patient, and guidance to follow "His Will", not "My Will". I would consistently pray that prayer and eventually my prayers were answered. At the time, I was afraid of where God would lead me. But when I finally understood the difference between "His Will" vs "My Will" in my life, I understood that where ever He led me, it would be right path. So now as an adult, I still pray that prayer, but with so much more openness and trust.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for God's will does take openness and trust. But I'd like to highlight how much freedom there is in letting go and letting God. If you let go, then you dont have the pressure to live up to being something or having something or going anywhere. You live your life, do the best you can, and trust God will lead you. =)

    ReplyDelete